Employment integration

To be granted a Residence Permit and Work Permit based on work ties, a continuous stay in Spain for at least two years and the existence of an employment relationship of at least six months must be demonstrated.

For this, the existence of a previous employment relationship during a legal stay or residence must be demonstrated by any means:

  • If the work was carried out for an employer, it must have being for a working week of 30 hours for a period of 6 months or 15 hours a week for a period of 12 months.
  • If the work was carried out in a self-employed capacity, it must have been on a continuous basis over a period of at least 6 months.

Furthermore, the Directorate General for Migration can grant a permit in collaboration with the public administration regarding the employment status of those who have been recognised by the Work and Social Security Inspectorate,by any means of proof, to have worked illegally for a minimum period of 6 months in the last year.

No prison record in Spain or country of origin.

The Employment Integration Permit is issued with no visa requirement, and does not allow the holder to work.

Available at the Foreign Nationals Office.